segunda-feira, 10 de agosto de 2009

Old Head


Old Head - Cabeça Velha, originally uploaded by MichelAngelo▲.

Study for a head - The Resurrection
Conte chalk on paper. 1988.

A lot of people don't understand the reason why I decided to present myself as Michelangelo. That's a copy of one of my answers:

I just finished an entire book explaining why I decided to assume my identity. I confess that I prefer to go surfing and dating than talking about my personal story, but it's a spiritual duty to me to explain myself.

In 1994, when I started presenting myself as an artist and showing my art work, EVERYBODY said: "Hey, all these stuffs are from Michelangelo! Don't you have anything created by you?"
Is terrible to hear this after 10 years drawing and sculpting only by intuition JUST to discover a proof of my identity as Michelangelo.
And why I did that? Because of the remembering of Vittoria Colonna's death, in 1983. That emotional trauma IS the experience that revealed my identity. My art is a natural expression of being who I am.

This is a 25 years secret. I was going to stay my whole life with my mouth shut. I was happy as Eurico Poggi and I tried to find another art expression where I could hide my famous identity, because I needed to be accept somewhere and get a job. But everything always went wrong.

I'm atheist, but there's another dimension in contatc with me since 1979. That other dimension demanded me to tell my story and say who I truly am, otherwise I would never find a solution to my life. And that's exactly what I'm doing all over the internet.

To be honest, I think the other dimension is right. If I started posting my art work as Eurico Poggi, I would repeat the same situation happened in the 90's. All the comments would be: Hey Eurico, your art is simillar to Michelangelo's art! Sorry, but I'm sick of that.

I'm just a surfer who works for Rio's carnival production. I really don't care about other people's beliefs. But nowadays I HAVE TO tell my story.
Next year I will put english subtitles in my documentary film Icarus, Contemplation & Dream, and finally break the language barrier.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to explain myself once again! :-)

Nenhum comentário: