quinta-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2010

More than one year presenting myself: the reactions - 1

Since I started presenting myself as Michelangelo himself, the most weird reaction was the inverse identification of my art.
During the 90's, when I was looking for a living with my art and presenting me as Eurico Poggi, I spent more than 10 years hearing the same crap: "Hey! All your pieces are from Michelangelo! Don't you have anything created by you?" This judgment of any photo of my art work was so automatic that I found myself trying everything to erase my Michelangelo's style. I needed to be accepted as an artist. And the only solution was to completely avoid drawing and sculpting.
But 2007 came and I realized that there would be no solution to my life without exposing my secret personal story. By the end of 2008, after the release of my documentary film "Icarus, Contemplation & Dream", when I finally presented my art work with the true context that generated it, I understood that I had to present myself as the original Michelangelo. And I came to the internet and changed all my profiles wherever I have one.
What a surprise. As a "lunatic" claiming to be the famous italian renaissance artist, for the first time in my life I met people that don't even think my art being close to the works of Michelangelo. Why is that? Do you know why? I know the explanation to this twisted reaction to my art.
But… beyond this politics of ego recognition, I saw that the best way to create a dialogue between me and people in general, and spread my personal story, is to be attacked. Yeah! I have to be attacked! And I love to strike back!
The next posts I will show the only three attacks I have suffered until now. My intention is to start a war, any kind of war, but none of my "enemies" didn't respond to my verbal retaliation. It's very disappointing, but I still have a great hope to have a huge argument with someone with balls to do so.

Nenhum comentário: